You’ve had a long day. Your eating habits weren’t on point. You need something quick that will give you an energy boost and help your body to detox. We’ve got you covered. This snack tastes good, It’s quick to make, and it’s completely keto friendly. It’s smoothie time… Dust that blender off my friend!
I’ve said this before. Not being able to eat bananas on keto has been a little bit of a problem for me with making smoothies. They’re one of those fruits that can go in pretty much any smoothie/shake you make.
But, we have other options… Fat! And, fats like heavy whipping cream add quite a bit of missing flavor. This smoothie recipe is going to be just as creamy and taste better than anything with a banana in it – trust me.
You can use this green smoothie as a meal replacement or a snack while on keto.
- Healthy fats from Avocado and heavy whipping cream add some calories and help to suppress hunger.
- Black raspberries add sweetness while being low on the glycemic index. Raspberries are also loaded with anti-oxidants.
- Cinnamon helps to counter-act the insulin spike caused by the sugar in raspberries and also has loads of anti-oxidants.
- Frozen spinach adds a solid amount of potassium, magnesium, fiber, and other important vitamins.
- Lastly, turmeric is one of the top inflammation fighting food ingredients known to man, so we gotta add some of that too.
All these ingredients add up to a very healthy shake for keto.
Green Smoothie for Keto, Avocado and Raspberries
A creamy keto-Inspired green smoothie to detox and re-energize you
Makes just over 1 and 1/2 cups.
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream (hwc)
- 1/4 Cup Ice
- 3/4 Cup Cold Water
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Dash of Turmeric
- 4g Stevia Powder w/ Erythritol (size of two sugar packets)
- 1/2 Cup Raspberries
- 1/2 of Avocado
- 1 Cup Frozen Spinach
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- Add liquids and ice to mixing container first.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Mix in a blender and enjoy.